Copy-Cat Zupas Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup.
I was a little skeptical when I was making this soup at first. I have tried to make recipes off of pinterest before and hated the end result. But this one is awesome! I love Zupas and this is one of things I get when I go there! P.S. I hate cauliflower but love this!
Here is the recipe. It is AMAZING! So close to the soup they make at Zupas! Enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 5 1/2 cups cauliflower
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- Melt butter and chopped onion together in a large sauce pan and sauté for approximately 10 minutes over medium heat until onion gets golden in color.
- Add flour and stir to make a roux. Heat while stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Slowly add half and half along with the milk. Gradually add and stir the entire time. Following the milk, gradually add water and chicken broth and stir constantly.
- Add chopped cauliflower and heat until boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until cauliflower is tender. This will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Place contents of sauce pan into blender and blend until smooth. Remove center part of blender cover to allow steam to escape.
- Return cauliflower mixture to saucepan; heat over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in mustard and cheese until melted and smooth.
- Serve soup topped with a little cheese for garnish.
Taken from http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/09/copy-cat-zupas-wisconsin-cauliflower-soup/